Sunday, September 6, 2026
Judas Priest anniversary
September 6, 1974: Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
Excerpt from The Metal Archives reviews:
"It was an album that firstly left me a strange impression, neither bad nor good, yet over the years I discover that they have experimental albums with good and bad results. Anyone would put this debut at the level of Point of Entry or some bad record of them, and yes, it doesn't have anthems with catchy choruses like British Steel, nor Painkiller's speediness or Stained Class guitar skills. I admit without shame that this little brother of Sad Wings of Destiny transmits the hippie, hard rock spirit in the purest Priest style. Even for a live recorded album (i.e. not mixed per track), this is too amazing. With my rating I'm not saying it's one of their best (on the Judas Priest scale if you ask) but surely a colossal record in its own right, leaving aside the irrational point of view that initiated fans have about this."
Run Of The Mill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.